Wednesday, April 27, 2011

And the fuss continues

Well gollie g. Still fussy in these neck of the woods.
He's not hungry, his butt is clean. He doesn't want to be read to, sung to, held, tummy time, floor time.
GUH at wits end. SOOO I put him in his swing, turn the music on, give him toys and BAM he's quiet. He's content, not only that HE'S HAPPY! He looks at me with a smile and a happy "awwwaaaa" noise as if to say "Thanks for FINALLY leaving me ALONE ma!" Guh
Okay so I understand that he is getting more independent.
And I get that he wants to be put down more often.
BUT I want my newborn cuddles back! I keep thinking that tomorrow he'll want to cuddle all day again.
Tomorrow comes and nope, put me down, leave me alone, let me play....
I swear just yesterday it was Pick me up, hold me, pat my butt.
Babies grow to fast.

Now I'm stumped though, he doesn't want to cuddle, but I still want to interact with him...
What do I do? Say HELLO Dr Google (yes I know Google isn't ACTUALLY a dr, but whateva)
So searching through the endless amounts of information that google leads me too...
Did you know that babies by 20 weeks can distinguish between sounds comming towards them and sounds moving away from them?
And by 16 weeks know to close their eyes when something explodes?
SERIOUSLY!?
Wow so my son is a whole lot smarter than I gave him credit for.
No wonder he wants to explore the world on his own already.

That gets me thinking though, wouldn't I wrather explore on my own pace then have someone force it on me?
Things are more fun when I can chose when to do it.
Things are more fun when i can taste/see/smell/touch/hear it for myself.
I don't want to be told what a pear tastes like, I want to TASTE the pear.
So thats how I'm going to go about life with my child.
If HE seems intrested in something, I'm going to let him do with it what he wants (within reason of course)
But if he wants to look at the mud, squish the mud between his fingers, and put the mud in his mouth so be it!
That seems like such a better way to live anywho

And on that note I leave you with "alone time"
(though now I think he is grown bored because he has begun to fuss)

1 comment:

momma said...

good thinking. So many people look at a child's explorations as them being "bad". You are doing wonderful with him. :)