Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mushroom Marsala with pork and Asparagus

Mushroom Marsala cream sauce
Seasoned and fried pork
Crisp steamed asparagus

I love pork, huge obsession with it. Anyway you can cook up pig I will eat it (including scrapple, and jowl. Though I haven't tried feet, snout, or tongue Id probably still eat it)
And mushrooms mmmm Raw or cooked I LOVE eating some fungus!

Anyways lets cook!

What you'll need
1lb of Pork tenders
1/2 cup oil
seasoning

2lbs asparagus
1 tbsp butter

1lb of mushrooms
1/4 cup of butter
1 cup Marsala wine
2/3 cup heavy cream



Fried pork.
I started by butterflying my pork tenders so they are thinner and easier to fry.
I seasoned them a little bit, some salt, pepper, and garlic
Heat up some oil in a fry pan, about 1/2 the height of your tallest piece of pork.
Let is get hot and gently drop your pork into the pan.
Let it sizzle for about 5 min, then flip and continue to cook.
When the meat has turned whitish gray all the way through its done.



Asparagus
I like my veggies steamed, it keeps all the yummy goodness in the veggie instead of it floating in the water.
So stick a pot of water under a metal colander or steamer.
Simmer it on low, to high and you'll cook all the flavor out of the asparagus
Depending on how soft you like your veggies is how long you cook them.
I like them crispy so I cooked them for about 15 min.

Next up, Mushrooms in a Marsala cream sauce

Saute your mushrooms in butter until they are good and soft.

Next add your Marsala wine
Let it simmer until about half is cooked out
add about 2/3 a cup of heavy cream stir and let simmer for about 2 min.

cup of wine for the mushrooms, sip of wine for the cook.

 Combine it all together over rice and you have a really tasty creamy, meal with a little bite from the wine!

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

No comments: