Friday, April 6, 2012

Easiest fricken biscuits EVER!



Biscuits, ah I love me some biscuits. Seriously, they are great for breakfast through dinner. Smother it with sausage gravy, sandwich some meat inside it, spread some honey on it, or use it to soak up your soup. Mmmm biscuits. Now I want some damn biscuits.
ANYWAYS. These biscuits are hearty, flaky, fluffy, soft, tasty, but most importantly they are EASY. Oh so easy to make. Seriously I don't think you could mess this one up.

Things you'll need
2 cups of self rising flour
1/4th cup shortening (or 3ish large scoops)
2/3 cup of milk


NOW, Lets start cookin'!
Preheat your oven to 350*
Fold your shortening into the flour, which is a fancy way of saying squish the shortening with a fork till it is mixed well with flour.




Next, add the milk, one splash at a time, also don't mix it to much or it will make the biscuits hard.
Now you can stop here and make drop biscuits, just drop balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
or


To make folded biscuits, drop a bit on a floured surface and press them flat with your hands well floured.
Fold then press flat, fold again then press flat, fold again and press flat, fold again and press flat. keep doing that then put them on a cookie sheet and bake for 7 min.


And there you have it, easy to make biscuits!
Enjoy!


How do you like your biscuits?

2 comments:

momma said...

I think I will def. be trying this. I love bisquits too, especially with a little bit of honey

Wowowolfie said...

Mmmm Honey is one of my favorite ways to eat them, next to smothered in gravy!