Monday, April 2, 2012

Boy did my garden grow!

So, as we know I planted a garden in a bath tub
Well it has grown!
I get so excited when I see that my plants have gotten bigger!
I also mulched the top of it to help keep soil moist and keep down weeds and pests.


I couldn't stop there!
I found out you can buy edible plants and seed with EBT/SNAP card!
Sooooo we got more. :)
Broccoli and Strawberries
Orange peppers, Red peppers
Spicy oregano, German thyme
Yellow peppers
Romaine lettuces, and Cucumber
And down here, you can barley see Cantaloupe, Tomatoes, and Onion.
Next week I'm planting yellow and red potatoes!

The clear buckets were part of a storage drawer system, we just poked holes in the bottom.
And the colored buckets were a dollar each! They are waste baskets from the dollar tree.

Love watching my plants grow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so creative! Keep us updated on the growth in your bathtub garden. I am so excited to see what happens :)

momma said...

I love the idea of the tub garden. Gardens are so fun.

Wowowolfie said...

Thank you! I love watching my garden grow! I plan on posting more as it keeps growing!