Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Letter to Lucus.

I wrote this letter to a 6 year old boy who's 10 week old baby brother just died.

Dear Lucus,

                       You don't know me but my name is Lorren and my Momma is friends with your Momma. I heard that you lost your little brother. He's an Angel now. I lost my baby brother too, he was only 18 days old.
                       I know it's hard. Your Momma and Daddy are probably really sad. You might be sad too, or angry, or you might not understand how you feel. It's OKAY though. You can scream, you can cry, you can just sit and think if you need to.
                      Right now your Momma needs you to be her big helper. Can you do that? She needs your hugs and kisses. She needs your help doing little things around the house.
                      Your daddy needs help too. He needs help taking care of Momma and you.  He also needs your hugs and kisses too.
                      It's tough, I know, but it gets better. It might take a while, but everything will be okay. Your Parents love you, Noah loves you, and he is watching over you from Heaven.

An Understanding Friend.
Lorren.



Me holding my brother Nelyn

No comments: