Friday, May 13, 2011

Trying out EC

Yay for trying new things!

This morning as I went on facebook I read on my Peppermint group about EC.
Previously to this I have read up on EC(Elimination Communication), I like the idea but I’m TOTALY not patience, or intuitive enough (or so I thought)
So I thought “what the heck I’ll give it a shot”
I mean all I do all day is take care of Henry, do slight clean up, and surf the web.
Besides I occasionally take Henry’s diaper off after a nap and aim for him to potty in the toilet. (though I have to admit that is rare)
So I tried it out.
Today after his first nap I took his diaper off and headed straight for the potty.
And he went! I go a big smile, and praised him "GOOD JOB HENRY!"
Beginers luck, first timers fluke right?
So about 20 min later I try again, take his diaper off and straight to the potty.
Again! He went! Another big smile, more "Good job Henry!!!"
Let him go back to playing on the floor. He coo'd happly with his toys for a while.
But then he started to get fussy, figured he was hungry so I started to feed him.
He would latch on then pop off and make an angry face, try and latch again, would get fustrated and pop off and make another angry face.
So I thought, "hey maybe he has to poo"
So I again took his diaper off and went straight to the toilet.
Blew some fart noises at him, laughed and played with him.
Within a min he was pooping! IN THE TOILET!
I got so happy and excited! "MY WORD!!! GREAT JOB! YAAAAAAAY HENRY!"
He was so proud of himself, smiling at me, telling me all about it!
Afterwards I fed him and he went down for a nap.
He slept for a good 2 hours (YAY for meeeee!)
Once he woke up, again straight to the potty and lo and behold he pee's again!
More praise! (always got to praise so it becomes a positive thing to pee in the toilet right?)
Started to play on the floor with him, and he gets a perplexed look on his face and lets out a REALLY loud fart.
I got excited. (wow am I that lame? getting excited over a fart?)
Again diaper off, bathroom here we come!
2 poops in a day!
I can't belive it! praise praise praise!


So as you can see we are off to a great start!
Lets hope the rest of today and tomorrow run just as smoothly :)

1 comment:

Skatha said...

Wow lol glad you are having a god time with that!!